There's a Bun in the Oven!

There's a Bun in the Oven!
Another Bun's A-Cookin'!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes...

When I was a little girl, my little brother & I used to spend hours and hours over in the church sanctuary (dad was a pastor; we lived in the parsonage next door) singing away into the PA system. We had no audience, except for the occasional meandering of my dad taking a break from counseling or sermon-writing, or of our dear friend Kathy, the secretary. We were free to create music, to speak, and to use our gifts passionately~ without any inhibitions. (Sometimes we "grow up" and, in the raging river of life, we lose sight of those passions and gifts and settle for status quo, don't we?)

A few years later, concluding my 7th grade year, I was the star of our school's Broadway production of Cinderella. I memorized my lines, learned the songs, and practiced putting the whole thing together, all the while quite nervous about having to kiss Prince Charming at the end! I was a shy little girl, so this was a huge deal for me! In retrospect, it's one of the highlights of my childhood. One of my favorite solos was, "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes."
Dream.

My parents raised us to DREAM big- to embrace life with passion, and to be people who would impact the world. Today, Steve & I strive to live with passion in our work, in our relationships, & in our play.

When I first decided to break the mold of the employee-employer modus operandi to start our home-based business, I didn't fully understand the impact of that decision. Thirteen years later, the picture is coming into focus more and more each day. I have the opportunity to work with people, to learn from them, and to help them improve their quality of life in both their physical & financial health. I rub shoulders with amazing people on a daily basis as I am coached and as I coach others. I am living my DREAM- with no one stifling it by way of telling me what I have to do, how long I have to do it, what my income "cap" will be. Even more importantly, I have as much room to impact peoples' lives as I choose-- even extending to other countries like Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan, China, Mexico...and that list is growing. What a gift!

Earlier this month, Steve & I attended our Global Shaklee Conference out in Anaheim, CA. Here's a quick video of all the new incentives. Imagine-- in a depressed economy, our company is thriving! And the perks keep growing because of it! Check out this video. What are your needs, wants, & dreams? Go ahead.
DREAM with us.

2 comments: