There's a Bun in the Oven!

There's a Bun in the Oven!
Another Bun's A-Cookin'!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Diabetes- Is it Reversible?


"Pick me! Pick me!", we all begged in Mrs. Jahnke's 5th grade class. Our classmate Kelly* was diabetic. I remember her having to prick her finger to check her levels. Fifth grade! All of us classmates just thought it was cool to be the "chosen kid" to accompany Kelly to lunch early on those days that her blood glucose levels weren't good. I don't think I even considered the challenge of maintaining this disease...much less as a 5th grader.

What if Kelly had another option?

I just listened to a CD by Dr. Sandra Bevacqua, a Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Biology, and was blown away by some research and clinical studies she has been involved with in efforts to bring healing to people- even small children- with Type I or II Diabetes.

Do you know anyone who is diabetic? Do you know friends or friends' children who have been diagnosed with diabetes? Let me know if you'd like to hear more about what I'm learning. I'll be glad to drop a copy of the CD in the mail to you.

To your health,
Heather
*Name has been changed to protect the privacy of our friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment